The 2022 Cathedral Area Community Association Fall Program Guide is now available. You can register online for all our programs.
Cathedral Character Report Released
A report on preserving the character of the Cathedral and Lakeview communities goes to Regina Planning Commission on Aug 9 and then to City Council on Aug 17.
You can download a PDF of the full report here. But, in short, the main recommendations are…
- Maintain the status quo but with more education and awareness. The Residential Infill Development zoning overlay has not been in place long enough to know if it is having a positive impact on new builds in Cathedral and Lakeview. There needs to be material put together that explains what sensitive infill would look like.
- Consider establishing a Business Improvement District for 13th Ave.
- Develop a process for an opt-in Heritage Conservation Districts.
- Optional: Consider adding elements to current regulations to strengthen them. Could introduce incentives like tax abatements and grants for developers who work to include community-defining elements in their builds. Add extra limits to the Residential Infill Development zoning overlay like defining where garages must go or require landscaping.
- Optional: Consider establishing Direct Control Districts for Crescents and Old Lakeview which include guidelines for heritage, architecture, land use, and other identified character elements.
If you wish to present to Regina Planning Commission on this subject, you can. The RPC meeting is Tuesday, August 9, 2022, at 4:00 p.m and you will have to register as a delegation by 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 4, 2022. You can do this by responding to this e-mail or by contacting email@example.com. Presentations are limited to five minutes.
Summer Recreation Programs
Summer program registration is up and running. See our list of programs and sign up here.
The 2022 Cathedral Area Community Association was held on March 15, 2022. Here is a pdf of the 2022 AGM report.
Cathedral Urges City To Get The Lead Out
The Cathedral neighbourhood has the highest percentage of residences with lead service connections in the city. The Cathedral Area Community Association has been working with the Get The Lead Out group to encourage city hall to acceleration their program to remove that lead plumbing.
If you want to support that effort, you can print out and send in a copy of the Get The Lead Out petition.