- Category: Information
- Published on Saturday, 17 January 2009 14:24
- Written by CACA
- Hits: 6033
The Cathedral Area Community Association dedicates its energy and volunteers to keep the Cathedral Area a vibrant neighborhood with a home town feel and a rich sense of community.
The Cathedral area is a culturally and artistically vibrant urban village with an historic and diverse community committed to economic, environmental, social, and cultural sustainability.
The CACA consists of 12 board members who form various committees: the Community Engagement Committee, the Communications Committee, the Neighbourhood Enhancement, the Planning Advisory Committee and the Cathedral Village Arts Festival.
The Cathedral Village connects people to people in order to:
· Enhance the quality of life of village residents;
· Advocate for residents on significant issues;
· Maintain the cathedral neighbourhood’s vibrant “hometown” feel and a rich sense of community;
· Enhance the history culture and character of the community;
· Model environmental sustainability;
· Preserve and enhance the appearance and livability of the community;
· Provide quality programming and assistance to those living in the community.