Part-time: 15-35 hours per month, $400-$600/ month
Posting Date: July 26, 2018
Closing Date: Aug. 10, 2018
Reporting to the Cathedral Area Community Association board and under the direction of the Executive, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for creating, developing, and implementing key communications of the Association. We are searching for a creative, innovative, proactive, and dynamic person to help the Association improve our communications.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PRIMARY FUNCTIONS:
The following are the key accountabilities and primary functions of the position,
although other duties and tasks may be assigned.
• Solicit content for the Village Voice (the Association’s bi-monthly newsletter) including opinion/editorials, events, photographs, contests, and announcements from the Association Board, volunteers, and members of the community. Cross-post content to social media.
• Research, write, edit and prepare for publication a variety of communication products, such as newsletters, pamphlets, posters, and social media content.
• Innovate creative concepts and oversee the development of a range of communications products tailored to our community including web-based materials, social media, and print.
• Report on web-based analytics and other communications projects to the monthly board meetings.
• Participate in weekly meetings with fellow staff at the Association.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge and understanding of the scope of tasks and functions of the Cathedral Area Community Association is preferred, but not necessary. Just know we’re a community association and we have events and activities on the go, and we need you to help amplify these activities.
• Experience in designing communications products using the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset, particularly with layout and publishing features of InDesign. Design is definitely an asset.
• Experience in editing newsletters and other publications is preferred.
• Strong writing and editing skills are preferred.
• Cathedral Area Community Association residents are preferred.
Please forward your resume along with a cover letter which cites the posting number and outlines your knowledge skills and ability relative to the position, by 4:30 p.m. on the closing date to:
The Hiring Committee
Cathedral Area Community Association
Only Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.